1) Click here to explore each planet in the solar system (Mercury, Venus, Earth, Mars, Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus, Neptune, and Pluto). http://www.nineplanets.org/
While exploring each planet starting with Mercury answer the following questions:
A. What is the name of the planet?
B. What is the origin of the name of the planet?
C. What is the diameter of the planet?
D. What is the mass of the planet?
2) Once you have gathered this information you are to create a poster that has the planets in the correct order starting at the sun. Under each planet you are to write the name of the planet, the origin of the name of the planet, the diameter of the planet, and the mass of the planet.
3) Now, you are to choose you favorite planet. Please inform me of your favorite planet before you begin research. I will make sure that each planet will be chosen. Use the following websites to find information on your planet:
4) After you have chosen your favorite planet you are to write a one page, single-spaced report on the planet. Your report should describe the name origin of the planet, the orbit, the rotation, the composition, the temperature, and the life on the planet.
5) After you have completed your paper you are to create a PowerPoint presentation on your planet. Your PowerPoint should contain 8 slides:
Slide 1- the name and picture of the planet
Slide 2- Discuss the name origin
Slide 3- Discuss the orbit
Slide 4- Discuss the rotation
Slide 5- Discuss the composition
Slide 6- Discuss the temperature
Slide 7- Discuss the life
Slide 8- Your name and date
6) You will turn in your report and present your PowerPoint on December 8, 2008. When you present your PowerPoint you will have to give an oral report about your planet. Please read the evaluation section of this WebQuest to make sure that you are prepared to make the presentation.